SKIING IN MADESIMO - VALCHIAVENNA, A JEWEL FOR FAMILIES AND FREERIDERS
Only 130 km from the city of Milan you can reach the Skiarea Madesimo-Valchiavenna. A small pearl of skiing located in the Italian Alps, a few kilometers from the Spluga Pass and Switzerland.
The Ski resort Madesimo - Valchiavenna offers completely renovated quality lifts and has as its point of reference the village of Madesimo, located at 1500 meters above sea level and the slopes of Mount Groppera 2948 meters above sea level.
- SNOW REPORT MADESIMO VALCHIAVENNA
- WHAT TO DO IN MADESIMO
- WHERE TO SLEEP IN MADESIMO
- HOW TO GET TO THE MADESIMO VALCHIAVENNA SKI AREA
The slopes of Madesimo and the entire Valchiavenna ski area can be reached quickly from Campodolcino by the Ski Express funicular, parking and ascent are included in the price of the ski pass. The slopes can meet the needs of every type of skier, but this resort is not to be missed for freeriders.
Moreover, in Madesimo it is possible to forget the car because all the slopes lead to the village, where it is possible to walk quietly on skis and easily reach your accommodation. All this makes Madesimo ideal for family stays.
NUMBERS: 37km of slopes, 12 lifts, from 1550m to 2948m - Nordic Ski Slopes - Itineraries for Freeriders.
"On the slopes of Madesimo we learned to ski, and then begin the adventures of freeriding on the legendary routes Canalone, Camosci, Cavallina, Giro dell'Angeloga and then undertake the ski mountaineering in Valle Spluga, on the slopes of lace Tambò, Suretta, Ferrè, and Stella.
The area of Madesimo is not very large, compared to other areas of the Alps, but it contains in a small space all the fun of skiing, ensuring it even to the most demanding.
Those who do not ski can reach Montespluga, when there is no wind, where you can walk, cross-country, start ski mountaineering routes or simply drink hot herbal tea or have lunch at the hotel Posta and the restaurant La Capriata. On foot you can reach in about 30 minutes the customs and the border with Switzerland, walking along the road SS36 completely covered with snow."
Lorenzo e Paolo
Reaching the top of Pizzo Groppera (2848 a.s.l.) by cable car, you can immediately walk along the legendary "Canalone" of Madesimo, an unbeaten ski itinerary where you can let off steam your desire for off-piste skiing, looking for a new "line" for each descent.
A peculiarity of the Skiarea Valchiavenna is the fact that it has exposed slopes both on the southern and northern side of the Alps, with the relative advantage of being able to benefit from the snowfalls coming from both cardinal points. For a break on the slopes, there are also refuges where you can taste the typical specialties, including the famous pizzoccheri of Valtellina and the Bresaola preserved in the "Crotti" of the Valley.
NORDIC SKIING IN MADESIMO
The ski area of Madesimo and Valchiavenna offers some cross-country skiing itineraries.
At Madesimo in the valley bottom, at Motta di Campodolcino near the arrival of the ski express, at Campodolcino near the river and of course on Lake Montespluga which is also the longest ring.
A small ring is prepared in the locality of Gualdera in the municipality of Campodolcino, an ideal place for walks in the woods up to Bondeno.
SNOW REPORT MADESIMO VALCHIAVENNA SKI AREA
When the snow conditions allow it, freeriders can also venture along the wild Angeloga Tour, which starting from Pizzo Groppera allows you to reach the small village of Fraciscio, skiing in front of Pizzo Stella and near the Angeloga Alp, ending with the narrow channel of the river Rabbiosa.
However, it is necessary to consider the "mountaineering" component of this itinerary, and we recommend to be accompanied by an Alpine Guide.
- ADD MADESIMO VALCHIAVENNA SKI AREA TO YOUR MYALPS WISHLIST
- MORE QUESTIONS ABOUT MADESIMO VALCHIAVENNA SKI AREA
WHAT TO DO IN MADESIMO AND IN THE NEARBY REGION
IN THE VILLAGE
1. Enjoy the slopes and ski itineraries of the Madesimo-Valchiavenna ski area.
2. Winter and summer walk in Montespluga and at the Spluga Pass.
3. Cross-country skiing and snowshoeing in the valley and on the Andossi.
4. Adventure along the famous Canalone and the Angeloga Tour.
5. Aperitifs and typical cuisine in the restaurants of Madesimo and Campodolcino.
6. Excursion with children to Lago Azzurro, near Motta Alta.
7. Visit the naturalistic garden of Val Cava.
IN THE NEARBY REGION
1. The Acquafraggia waterfall in Piuro, an amazing spectacle of the nature.
2. Vertemate Franchi Palace, in the town of Piuro (5km from Chiavenna), a fascinating villa of the XVI century, with an italian garden.
3. Visit the "Palaz" and the "Ca Bardassa" historical Museum in Campodolcino.
4. Canyoning adventure in river of Val Bodengo.
5. The log and historical trails of Via Spluga and Via Bregaglia.
6. Bike to the Como lake. 25 km from Chiavenna following a new bike road, beside river Mera and lake Novate.
7. Ski, Freeride and Alpinism in Valle Spluga, Piz Tambo, Piz Suretta and Piz Ferrè.
9. A short trip to Switzerland across the Spluga pass to visit Splugen, the Via Mala and the Andeer Therme.
WHERE TO SLEEP IN MADESIMO AND VALLE SPLUGA - HOTELS, B&B, APARTMENTS
Madesimo is a mountain village that offers a hotels B&B and holiday houses. It is possible to find an accomodation also in others villages of the Valle Spluga.
Thanks to pictures, facilities informations and reviews, You can check easly the availability of Hotels, B&B and Holiday Houses in Madesimo and Valle Spluga and book the best solution for You, using this link:
HOW TO GET TO MADESIMO AND VALCHIAVENNA SKI AREA
Situated between Lake Como and the Spluga Pass, Madesimo can be reached by car via the SS36 road. Madesimo is connected by bus to Chiavenna and in summer also to nearby Switzerland, through the Spluga Pass (closed in winter).
Skiers wishing to reach the slopes of the ski area Madesimo - Valchiavenna in a day, can easily park their car at the Ski-Express Campodolcino and reach the slopes by funicular. Parking and the trip with the ski-express of Campodolcino are included in the ski-pass.
The ski express reaches Motta di Campodolcino, where you can immediately ski, also the area has restaurants and small outdoor activities for children.
FLIGHT CONNECTIONS: Check here for your flight on:
ZHR - Zurich airport 4,00h (IN WINTER)
DON'T MISS THIS SITE OF THE ALPS
SAVE IT NOW. It is Easy! Just Log-in your MyAlps personal area and then Add it to your MyExplorAlp Wishlist using the follow botton:
Are You not registered to Myalps yet? Do it here: MyAlps
DO YOU HAVE QUESTIONS OR SUGGESTIONS ABOUT MADESIMO VALCHIAVENNA SKI AREA?
CONTACT US NOW or let Your precious comment or suggestion in the follow Comment Form of this page.