VAL BODENGO THE CANYONING PARADISE
Val Bodengo is a lateral valley of Valchiavenna and thanks to the river Bodengo, is one of the most famous areas in Europe for canyoning.
- WHAT TO DO IN VAL BODENGO AND VALCHIAVENNA
- WHERE TO SLEEP IN VALCHIAVENNA
- HOW TO GET TO VALCHIAVENNA
Canyoning in Val Bodengo, started in the 90 and consists of travelling in deep canyons using a variety of techniques such as walking, scrambling, climbing, jumping, abseiling and swimming. The Val Bodengo offers three itineraries (Bodengo 1,2,3) with different levels of difficulty.
River Boggia, in Val Bodengo, is one of the most famous canyoning destination of Europe.
Although everyone can try this sport, we recommend this activity with a certificated mountain guide. Canyoning is also possible in other rivers of this area of Valchiavenna.
MOUNTAIN GUIDE INFO AND BOOKING: Mountain Guide FRANCO GIACOMELLI
VALBODENGO IS REACHABLE BY CAR BY A PAYMENT OF A FEE ONLY.
The private road that connect Gordona to the Val Bodengo is accesible by car only by a payment of a fee. It is possible to pay a day or multi days ticket in the bars of Gordona.
CLOSE TO OUR HEARTS
"The 200m deep canyon of the river Boggia in a wild and green valley"
WHAT TO DO IN VALBODENGO AND IN THE NEARBY REGION
AROUND THE VALLEY
1. Book an official mountain guide for your canyoning adventure in the Boggia river.
2. Hike to the romantic and Panoramic Alpe Cima (3h walking from Gordona).
3. Enjoy local food in the typical restaurants "Dunadivo" and "Pra Pince".
4. Reach and sleep in the Ledu Bivaouc, to admire a beautiful view of the Como Lake (3h walking up from Bodengo).
IN THE NEARBY REGION
1. Hike on the log and historical trails of Via Bregaglia.
2. Visit the beautiful town of Chiavenna 5km from Piuro
3. Reach the panoramic village of Soglio, for the best picture of the Piz Badile north face.
4. Bike to the Como lake. 25 km from Chiavenna following a new bike road, beside river Mera and lake Novate.
5. Ski, Freeride and Trekkig in Madesimo and Valle Spluga.
6. Climbing and Alpinism on the Piz Badile and in the Albigna area.
WHERE TO SLEEP IN GORDONA AND VALCHIAVENNA - HOTELS, B&B, APARTMENTS
Gordona is a village that offers fewer B&B and a number of holiday houses. It is possible to find an accomodation also in others villages of the Chiavenna valley.
Thanks to pictures, facilities informations and reviews, You can check easly the availability of Hotels, B&B and Holiday Houses in Gordona and in Val Chiavenna and book the best solution for You, using this link:
HOW TO GET TO VAL BODENGO
Located between the Como lake and the Maloja and Spluga Passes, Val Bodengo, close to Chiavenna, is reachble by car driving on the 36ss road to Gordona.
Gordona is connected by bus to Chiavenna that is well connected by busses to Switzerland (Splugen, St. Moritz and Lugano) and by train to Milan.
A private road connect Gordona to the Val Bodengo (Pubblic transport services are not present). It is necessary to pay a fee directly in one of the bars of Gordona, to acces to the Val Bodengo by car.
FLIGHT CONNECTIONS: Check here for your flight on:
ZHR - Zurich airport 3,30h
DON'T MISS THIS SITE OF THE ALPS
SAVE IT NOW. It is Easy! Just Log-in your MyAlps personal area and then Add it to your MyExplorAlp Wishlist using the follow botton:
Are You not registered to Myalps yet? Do it here: MyAlps
DO YOU HAVE QUESTIONS OR SUGGESTIONS ABOUT VAL BODENGO?
CONTACT US NOW or let Your precious comment or suggestion in the follow Comment Form of this page.