RIFUGIO SAVOGNO: SLEEP IN A UNIQUE VILLAGE IN THE ALPS
Rifugio Savogno is located in Val Bregaglia, in the beautiful alpine village of Savogno. The sunny and panoramic terrace overlooks the famous waterfalls of Acquafraggia, in the municipality of Piuro at an altitude of 932 m.
Rifugio Savogno is open all year round and can be only reached by foot. The facility is well organized and great for a day trip or as a resting place for hikers of the historic Via Bregaglia path.
A historic mule track connects the village of Piuro to the historic village of Savogno and the Refuge (about 1h). We recommend trying as well the alternative steeper route along the panoramic path of the waterfalls of Acquafraggia. Savogno is an authentic alpine village, perfectly preserved and recently renewed. A must-see in Valchiavenna.
WHAT TO DO IN SAVOGNO DI PIURO AND IN THE NEARBY REGION
AROUND THE VILLAGE
1. Sleep one night in the mountain house "Rifugio Savogno" and visit the village in the night with the atmosphere of its scenographic lighting.
2. Walk beside the Acquafraggia waterfall following the panoramic path (0,30h).
3. Hike from the characteristic villages of Savogno to Dasile (0,30h) and Corbia (1,30h).
4. Reach the blue lake "lago dell'acquafraggia" ad the altitude of 2000m (3h walking up from Savogno).
IN THE NEARBY REGION
1. Vertemate Franchi Palace, in the town of Prosto, a fascinating villa of the XVI century, with an italian garden.
2. Discover the Belfort archeologic site in Piuro, the Pompei of the Alps.
3. Don't miss the "Notte Rosa" waterfall festival, every year in July.
4. Hike on the log and historical trails of Via Bregaglia.
5. Visit the beautiful town of Chiavenna 5km from Piuro
6. Reach the panoramic village of Soglio, for the best picture of the Piz Badile north face.
7. Bike to the Como lake. 25 km from Chiavenna following a new bike road, beside river Mera and lake Novate.
8. Ski, Freeride and Trekkig in Madesimo and Valle Spluga.
9. Climbing and Alpinism on the Piz Badile and in the Albigna area.