ALBIGNA THE CLIMBING PARADISE
The valley of Albigna, a side valley of Bregaglia in the swiss Alps, is characterised by its huge dam.
Albigna it is a paradise for free climbing on granite walls, and in winter on the frozen waterfalls, visible even from the street leading to St. Moritz.
- WHAT TO DO IN ALBIGNA AND BREGAGLIA VALLEY
- WHERE TO SLEEP IN ALBIGNA AND BREGAGLIA VALLEY
- HOW TO GET TO ALBIGNA AND BREGAGLIA VALLEY
The valley can be reached on foot in three hours from the village of Vicosprano, or more rapidly by taking the new cable car in Pranzaira.
Alpinists may also stay at the Albigna Refuge, situated over the artificial lake and plan a longer trekking to the Sentiero Roma Trail in the Masino Valley.
WHAT TO DO IN ALBIGNA AND IN THE NEARBY REGION
AROUND THE VALLEY
1. Climbing, Alpinism and Ice climbing. Several itineraries with different difficulties are located in the Albigna valley.
2. Buy a ticket and reach easly the Albigna Damn with the Albigna cable car.
3. Sleep in the panoramic Albigna mountain house, that is the only structure available in the valley.
4. Climb the "Fiamma" the symbol of Albigna.
4. Hike to the Allievi mountain house in Val Masino. A wild and lonely itinerary across the Zocca pass (Expert Escursionist only).
IN THE NEARBY REGION
1. Climbing and Alpinism on the Piz Badile in the Bondasca valley.
2. Vertemate Franchi Palace, in the town of Prosto, a fascinating villa of the XVI century, with an italian garden.
3. Discover the panoramic village of Soglio, the terrace of Val Bregaglia.
4. Don't miss the "Notte Rosa" Acquafraggia waterfall festival, every year in July.
5. Hike on the log and historical trails of Via Bregaglia.
6. Visit the beautiful town of Chiavenna.
7. Ski, Freeride and Trekking in St. Moritz and in Engadin.
WHERE TO SLEEP IN ALBIGNA AND VAL BREGAGLIA - HOTELS, B&B, APARTMENTS
Albigna is a valley with a mountain house Rifugio Albigna ony. The Bregaglia valley offers fewer hotels and holiday houses. It is possible to find an accomodation in a villages of the Bregaglia valley or Val Chiavenna and to reach Albigna for a day trip.
Thanks to pictures, facilities informations and reviews, You can check easly the availability of Hotels, B&B and Holiday Houses in Bregaglia and book the best solution for You, using this link:
HOW TO GET TO ALBIGNA
Albigna is valley in Switzerland and is located in the Bragaglia valley, part of the Swiss Alps, above the village of Vicosoprano that it is reachble by car.
Vicosoprano is connected by bus to St. Moritz or to Chiavenna in Italy.
FLIGHT CONNECTIONS: Check here for your flight on:
ZHR - Zurich airport 3,30h
DON'T MISS THIS SITE OF THE ALPS
SAVE IT NOW. It is Easy! Just Log-in your MyAlps personal area and then Add it to your MyExplorAlp Wishlist using the follow botton:
Are You not registered to Myalps yet? Do it here: MyAlps
DO YOU HAVE QUESTIONS OR SUGGESTIONS ABOUT ALBIGNA?
CONTACT US NOW or let Your precious comment or suggestion in the follow Comment Form of this page.