SAGRA DEI CROTTI FOOD FESTIVAL IN CHIAVENNA
The Sagra dei crotti is an annual festival taking place in Chiavenna, in the second week-end of September. It is a great kermess of cultural, gastronomic and folkloristic events.
The "crotti" are natural caves and characteristic meeting points where it is possible to enjoy the typical flavours and traditions of Valchiavenna.
Taste wine and local food in these typical rural architectures built among stones.
“Andem a Crot” is a gastronomic tour, part of the Sagra sei crotti, that takes you around Chiavenna visting many of the private crotti.
You can taste local food and some of Valtellina’s Doc wines in a characteristic glass (called “quartin – mezz” 1/4liter ½ liter..) which you can take home as souvenir.
CLOSE TO OUR HEART
"Walking in the village, with the typical glass of the festival, following our "Andem a Crot" food itinerary."
WHAT TO VISIT IN CHIAVENNA DURING THE SAGRA DEI CROTTI
1. Buy a ticket of one of the "Andem a Crot" food itineraries.
2. Visit the the museums of the village with a special reduction.
3. Dance the whole evening in the Pratogiano area.
4. Taste the famous Bresaola or Brisaola, delicious local salted beef.
WHAT TO VISIT IN CHIAVENNA AND IN THE NEARBY AREA
IN THE VILLAGE
1. Walking in the medieval pedestrian streets, with squares and bridges over the river Mera, richs of bars and shops.
2. Visit the Collegiata church of San Lorenzo and the cloister with the Museum of the Treasury, containing "Peace" precious gospelcover of gold and gems.
3. The Mulino Bottonera, a mill of the nineteenth century water-powered.
4. Half day in the nature. A trekking from Piazza Castello to the Botanical Park of Paradiso and to the natural park of glacial phenomena "Marmitte dei Giganti".
5. Of Course don't miss to visit the Crotti, typical natural caves with restaurant.
6. Taste the famous Bresaola or Brisaola, delicious local salted beef.
7. Save the date of the "Sagra dei Crotti" food festival. Every year in September.
IN THE NEARBY AREA
1. The Acquafraggia waterfall in Piuro, an amazing spectacle of the nature.
2. Vertemate Franchi Palace, in the town of Piuro (5km from Chiavenna), a fascinating villa of the XVI century, with an italian garden.
3. The panoramic village of Pianazzola, above Chiavenna.
4. Canyoning adventure in river of Val Bodengo.
5. The log and historical trails of Via Spluga and Via Bregaglia.
6. Bike to the Como lake. 25 km from Chiavenna following a new bike road, beside river Mera and lake Novate.
7. Ski, Freeride and Alpinism in Madesimo and Valle Spluga.
WHERE TO SLEEP IN CHIAVENNA - HOTELS, B&B, APARTMENTS
Chiavenna is the main town of the valley that offers fewer hotels and a good number of holiday houses. It is possible to find an accomodation also in others villages of the valley.
Thanks to pictures, facilities informations and reviews, You can check easly the availability of Hotels, B&B and Holiday Houses in Chiavenna and book the best solution for You, using this link:
HOW TO GET TO CHIAVENNA
Located between the Como lake and the Maloja and Spluga Passes, Val Chiavenna is reachble by car driving on the 36ss road.
The main town Chiavenna is well connected by busses to Switzerland (Splugen, St. Moritz and Lugano) and by train to Milan.
FLIGHT CONNECTIONS: Check here for your flight on:
ZHR - Zurich airport 3,30h
DON'T MISS THIS EVENT OF THE ALPS
SAVE IT NOW. It is Easy! Just Log-in your MyAlps personal area and then Add it to your MyExplorAlp Wishlist using the follow botton:
Are You not registered to Myalps yet? Do it here: MyAlps
DO YOU HAVE QUESTIONS OR SUGGESTIONS ABOUT THE SAGRA DEI CROTTI?
CONTACT US NOW or let Your precious comment or suggestion in the follow Comment Form of this page.