MELLO BLOCCO AND VAL DI MELLO BOULDERING MEETING
Melloblocco, in the heart of Masino valley, is one of the largest bouldering meeting in the world.
The reasons for its success are the need for wilderness and natural beauty, the wish to meet boulderers from all over the world and to enjoy sport outdoors.
- WHAT TO DO IN VAL MASINO AND VAL DI MELLO
- WHERE TO SLEEP IN VAL MASINO AND VAL DI MELLO
- HOW TO GET TO VAL MASINO AND VAL DI MELLO
Filorera, Sasso Remenno, Val di Mello are the main locations of this event in the Masino Valley.
Bouldering, literally climbing on boulders, meets all these requirements, with minimal environmental impact and strong integration with the most advanced models of sustainable land development.
Right from the start, the non-competitive side of the event was especially appreciated, gathering hundreds and thousands of young boulderers, older climbers and mountaineers from all corners of the world.
VAL DI MELLO PARADISE FOR CLIMBERS
Val di Mello is vehicle-free climbing paradise thanks to the vertiginous granite walls with popolar names: Il Pricipizio degli Asteroidi, Luna Nascente, Kundalini, Il Giardino delle Bambine Leucemiche are some of the epic walls in the valley.
Following the path beside the river, it is easy to find beautiful spots perfect to a great picture, bouldering or for a fresh bath in the blue and clear water.
The first part of the valley is a great excursion also for family. Few mountain houses offer a place for lunch or dinner with typical local products.
Trekkers that love nature and wild itineraries can walk for hours until huts (rifugio Allievi is the biggest structure in Val di Mello), bivouacs and peaks up in the mountains.
Remarkble is the epic Sentiero Roma, a long trial from Bagni Masino to Filorera (or even longer leaving from Novate Mezzola in Valchiavenna).
SASSO REMENNO DI BIGGEST STONE OF EUROPE
In the middle of the Masino Valley, beside the main road to San Martino, it is located the Sasso Remenno the biggest boulder in Europe.
This monolithic has a volume of hal million of cube meters. Climbers have the opportunity to choose different level of difficulty, for beginners and experts, and enjoy here this outdoor activity.
The area is became also a training center for Mountain Club and Mountain Rescue Team.
WHAT TO DO IN VAL MASINO AND IN THE NEARBY REGION
AROUND THE VALLEY
1. Climbing, Alpinism and Ice climbing.. you need just to choose a location around you.
2. Save the date of the Melloblocco an internationl bouldering meeting.
3. Sleep in the panoramic mountain houses of the valley, Ponti, Allievi, Omio, Gianetti.
4. Climb the epic walls of the val di Mello.
5. Hike along the "Sentiero Roma" a trail of 5 days around the high passes of the Masino valley (high level EE).
6. Relax in the Bagni Masino Therme.
7. Family escursion and pic-nic in Predarossa.
8. Admire the skyrunners during the world famous Kima Trophy.
9. Climbing and Alpinism on the Piz Badile group.
IN THE NEARBY REGION
1. Vertemate Franchi Palace, in the town of Prosto, a fascinating villa of the XVI century, with an italian garden.
2. Discover the panoramic village of Soglio, the terrace of Val Bregaglia.
3. Don't miss the "Notte Rosa" Acquafraggia waterfall festival, every year in July.
4. Hike on the log and historical trails of Via Bregaglia.
5. Visit the beautiful town of Chiavenna.
6. Ski, Freeride and Trekking in St. Moritz and in Engadin.
WHERE TO SLEEP IN VAL MASINO - HOTELS, B&B, APARTMENTS
The Val Masino offers fewer hotels and holiday houses. It is possible to find an accomodation also in a villages of the Valtellina and reach the Valmasino for a day trip.
Thanks to pictures, facilities informations and reviews, You can check easly the availability of Hotels, B&B and Holiday Houses in Val Masino and book the best solution for You, using this link:
HOW TO GET TO VAL MASINO AND VAL DI MELLO
Val Masino is valley in Italy and is located in Valtellina, above the village of Ardenno that it is reachble also by train.
Ardenno is connected by bus to San Martino Val Masino. By Car, from Ardenno (SS38), follow directions to Val Masino. Val di Mello is not reachble by car in summer (a parking area is available in San Martino Val Masino and Val di Mello is connected with a shuttle bus service).
FLIGHT CONNECTIONS: Check here for your flight on:
DON'T MISS THIS SITE OF THE ALPS
SAVE IT NOW. It is Easy! Just Log-in your MyAlps personal area and then Add it to your MyExplorAlp Wishlist using the follow botton:
Are You not registered to Myalps yet? Do it here: MyAlps
DO YOU HAVE QUESTIONS OR SUGGESTIONS ABOUT VAL MASINO AND MELLO BLOCCO?
CONTACT US NOW or let Your precious comment or suggestion in the follow Comment Form of this page.