007 BUNGY JUMPING - VERZASCA DAM
Taken from the original James Bond film „Goldeneye“ where Pierce Brosnan, made the infamous dam jump, it was a 220m drop and an incredible world record.
This key scene was shot exactly here: Verzasca Dam – Maggiore Lake area.
An amazing jump of 220m from the big Val Verzasca dam, in the Ticino region.
WHAT TO VISIT IN THE VERZASCA VALLEY AND MAGGIORE LAKE REGION
IN THE VALLEY:
1. 007 "Ultimo" Jump of 220m from the Val Verzasca dam .
2. A bath in the blue water of Verzasca River.
3. Visit the roman bridge in Lavertezzo
4. Admire the typical villages of Corippo and Sonogno
5. Hike a part of the beautiful Sentierone trail, along the valley.
IN THE NEARBY REGION:
1. Trekking and Climbing in the Maggia Valley
2. Ascona and Locarno, the "Riviera" of the north side of the Maggiore lake.
3. "Cento valli" railway, a trip in the nature, with a little train, from Locarno to Domodossola.
4. Taste the tipical "Polenta ticinese" in a "Grotto".
5. Music and festival, save the dates of the "Locarno Film festival" and "Jazz Ascona".
HOW TO GET TO THE VAL VERZASCA
Val Verzasca is located in the Swiss part of Lake Maggiore. It is easily accessible by bus from Locarno.
If you arrive by car we recommend the Highway to Bellinzona and then follow the indications to Locarno.
FLIGHT CONNECTIONS: Check here for your flight on MXP airport
HOTELS, B&B, APARTMENTS IN THE VERZASCA VALLEY: