A ROMANESQUE CHURCH IN A GENUINE TESSIN HAMLET
The San Bernardo church is an old-time location. It is only accessible on foot from Sementina and Monte Carasso or from the close Tessin hamlet Curzùtt.
It is surrounded by chestnut woods and stone rural houses, linked by the paved paths: an incredible location with an incredible view, which is great for a family day-trip.
- WHAT TO DO NEARBY THE CHURCH OF SAN BERNARDO IN CURZUTT
- WHERE TO SLEEP NEARBY CURZUTT
- HOW TO GET TO THE CHURCH OF SAN BERNARDO IN CURZUTT
The main door of the San Bernardo church with the view of the frescos.
The Monte Carasso cable car – Mornera is tiny and can transport no more than 8 people at a time. To avoid long queues in high season, we suggest you book your ticket online with fixed ascent time.
On the way down, you will need to call the cable car by pressing a button inside a locker located on the top of the stairs at the Curzutt cable car station.
CLOSE TO OUR HEARTS
"The precious frescos’ colors and the mystic atmosphere of this little church surrounded by the chestnut woods"
- ADD THE CHURCH OF SAN BERNARDO IN CURZUTT TO YOUR MYALPS WISHLIST
- MORE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE CHURCH OF SANBERNARDO IN CURZUTT
WHAT TO DO AND VISIT NEARBY CURZUTT
AROUND THE CHURCH AND VILLAGE:
1. Visit the typical alpine village of Curzutt and the church of San Bernardo.
2. Take a selfie sitting on the Tibetan bridge of Carasc.
3. Stroll in the chestnut tree woods and visit the vineyards of Merlot at the bottom of the valley.
IN THE NEARBY REGION:
1. Book an excursion to Brissago island by boat.
2. Take a day trip to the Verzasca valley.
3. Visit the Unesco heritage site at Bellinzona’s castles.
4. Discover the Cardada day trip.
5. Drive on the panoramic road of the Maggiore lake.
6. Visit Arona, Stresa and the Borromean islands.
7. Don't miss Ascona the peral of Lake Maggiore.
8. Reach the panoramic sanctuary of Madonna del Sasso above Locarno.
WHERE TO SLEEP NEARBY CURZUTT - HOTELS, B&B, APARTMENTS
The san Bernardo Church is located above the village of Sementina in the Tessin region. Sementina offers some hotels B&B and holiday houses. It is possible to find an accomodation in the village or in the panoramic villages of Lake Maggiore.
In the small alpine village of Curzùtt is possible to sleep in an Hostel: info and booking Hostel in Curzùtt.
Thanks to pictures, facilities informations and reviews, You can check easly the availability of Hotels, B&B and Holiday Houses in the area of Sementina and book the best solution for You, using this link:
HOW TO GET TO THE CHURCH OF SAN BERNARDO IN CURZUTT
The church of san Bernardo, is located near the village of Curzùtt, in the hills of Monte Carasso and Sementina, in Tessin, only a few kilometers from Bellinizona and the Lake Maggiore.
For those of you arriving by car, you should know that parking space is limited at the foot of the cable car. We advise you to park at the Monte Carasso town hall (300m from the cable car). There are excellent public transport connections by bus from Bellinzona and Locarno train stations in the Monte Carasso direction.
Once you arrive in the town of Monte Carasso, you can choose an easier route or a more difficult one. The first option entails taking the Monte Carasso- Mornera cable car and getting off at the first stop and then continuing on the old mule path for about 20 mins until you get to the Church. The second choice would be to walk up from the cable car station to Curzùtt and the Church. Aprox. 1hr 30min.
We opted for the shorter solution and we have to admit that the trip in the tiny cable car itself, was well worth the trip.
FLIGHT CONNECTIONS: Check here for your flight on:
ZHR - Zurich airport 2,30h
BSL - Basel airport 3,00h
DON'T MISS THIS SITE OF THE ALPS
SAVE IT NOW. It is Easy! Just Log-in your MyAlps personal area and then Add it to your MyExplorAlp Wishlist using the follow botton:
Are You not registered to Myalps yet? Do it here: MyAlps
DO YOU HAVE QUESTIONS OR SUGGESTIONS ABOUT THE SAN BERNARDO CHURCH IN CURZUTT?
CONTACT US NOW or let Your precious comment or suggestion in the follow Comment Form of this page.