THE FORTRESS OF ANGERA: THE LAKE MAGGIORE’S GUARDIAN
The Fortress of Angera (La Rocca di Angera) proudly stands on the top of a rocky promontory, above the beautiful village of Angera. It overlooks the entire southern side of Lake Maggiore.
A nice itinerary inside the fortress leads you to the historical rooms, recently enriched with the Hall of Majolica, an incredible collection of 200 majolica products.
In addition to this, you can enjoy the famous Dolls Collection, an important area of the toy museum of the fortress of Angera.
The fortress is surrounded by mighty walls that enclose a large garden where precious herbs and flowers are grown, in compliance with the ancient medieval codes.
The entrance and visit of the Fortress are subject to a fee. You can request a guided tour or purchase a cumulative ticket together with the visit of the Borromean Islands and the gardens of Villa Palavicini in Stresa.
You can also reserve some of the most beautiful spots near the Fortress to celebrate a dream wedding.
WHAT TO VISIT ANGERA AND IN THE NEARBY REGION
IN THE SITE:
1. Visit the halls and gardens of the Fortress of Angera.
2. Discover the toy museum of the Fortress of Angera with your children. It includes a large collection of dolls.
3. Relax in the fortress’ gardens.
4. Celebrate your wedding dream in the incredible setting of the fortress of Angera.
5. Enjoy a walk in the pretty village of Angera.
IN THE NEARBY REGION:
1. Trek to Monte Mottarone and fun at the Alpyland park, easily reachble by funicular.
2. Don’t miss the adrenaline of Lake Maggiore Zip line.
3. Visit the hermitage of Santa Caterina del Sasso.
4. Reach the Statue of Saint Carlo Borromeo in Arona.
5. Enjoy a Romantic trip to Stresa and the Borremo Islands.
7. Spend a day at Lake Orta.
8. Book the Lake Maggiore Express: a day trip which includes boat trip to Locarno and the famous ‘cento vallino’ train ride.
EXCLUSIVE EXCURSIONS AND ACTIVITIES IN THE AREA
INFO AND BOOKING
WHERE TO SLEEP IN ANGERA - HOTELS, B&B, APARTMENTS
Angera is located on the south/east side of the Maggiore lake and offers hotels and holiday houses. It is possible to find an accomodation in other panoramic villages of the lake.
Thanks to pictures, facilities informations and reviews, You can check easly the availability of Hotels, B&B and Holiday Houses in Angera and book the best solution for You, using this link:
HOW TO GET TO ANGERA
Angera is located in Italy, on the east side of Maggiore lake.
By car follow the indications of "Rocca di Angera" (higway exit Sesto Calende), a parking area is available in front of the historical Rocca.
Angera is connected and accessibles by bus and by boat from Arona. By train reach Arona and then by boat.
FLIGHT CONNECTIONS: Check here for your flight on:
ZHR - Zurich airport 3,30h
DON'T MISS THIS SITE OF THE ALPS
SAVE IT NOW. It is Easy! Just Log-in your MyAlps personal area and then Add it to your MyExplorAlp Wishlist using the follow botton:
Are You not registered to Myalps yet? Do it here: MyAlps
DO YOU HAVE QUESTIONS OR SUGGESTIONS ABOUT THE ROCCA OF ANGERA?
CONTACT US NOW or let Your precious comment or suggestion in the follow Comment Form of this page.