A GREENWAY TO DISCOVER THE HIDDEN TREASURES OF THE LAKE COMO
The Greenway trekking is an easy hiking or mountain bike route, which offers a pleasant walk between Colonno and Cadenabbia on the western shores of Lake Como.
The route follows original stretches of the ancient Via Regina, which used to link Como to the Alpine valleys through the shores of Lake Como.
- WHAT TO DO ALONG THE GREENWAY AND NEARBY
- WHERE TO SLEEP NEARBY THE GREENWAY
- HOW TO GET TO THE GREENWAY
Through the cobbled streets, stretches of path, and typical alleys, you can discover hidden corners of Lake Como, beautiful gardens and villas, views of the lake and built-up areas, surrounded by the Mediterranean vegetation
"The Greenway for us is the memory of a fun walk with family and friends, taking advantage of a nice day trip on Lake Como. Walking through the alleys, peeking in the gardens of the villas, taking happy pictures and selfies and at the end of a nice dip in the lake in front of the island Comacina, at the Lido di Ossuccio, before embarking on a visit to the island.
A great day and itinerary that we recommend to everyone"
Lorenzo e Paolo
The Greenway of Lake Como is about 10 km long, is a free route suitable for everyone and can be covered on foot in about 3.5 hours or by mountain bike.
Cadenabbia or Colonno can be reached by bus, or by boat service on the lake. During the route, particularly suitable for children, you can make stops at bars and restaurants on the shores or in the squares in the various villages.
In addition to visiting the most famous villas, such as Villa Balbianello and Villa Carlotta and their gardens, we recommend not to miss a stop in Ossuccio and a trip to the island Comacina, reachable by boat in about 10 minutes (taxi service or boat available on site).
WHAT TO DO ALONG THE GREENWAY
ON THE WAY
1. Discover the hidden corners of Lake Como, along the Greenway.
2. Visit the gardens of Villa Carlotta and Villa Balbianello.
3. Don't miss an excursion to Comacina Island.
4. Relax with your family at the Lido of Lenno and the Lido of Ossuccio
IN THE NEARBY AREA
1. Visit the best villages in the center of Lake Como, Varenna, Menaggio, Cadenabbia, Tremezzo, Lenno.
2. Don't miss a trip to Comacina island.
3. Climb the walls of Monte Grona, Grigna and Grignetta.
5. Ride to the famous Bellagio, through the Lariani Mountains and visit the Cycling Museum near the Sanctuary of the Madonna del Ghisallo.
6. Don't miss a visit to Como and Brunate.
7. Walk through the flowery gardens of Villa Carlotta in Tremezzina.
8. Trekking along the Greenway of Lake Como.
9. Excursion to the Breglia mountains and to the panoramic Menaggio Refuge.
EXCLUSIVE EXCURSIONS AND ACTIVITIES IN THE AREA
INFO AND BOOKING
WHERE TO SLEEP NEARBY THE GREENWAY - HOTELS, B&B, APARTMENTS
The Greenway is located between Colonno and Cadenabbia. The area offers good hotels and a number of holiday houses. It is possible to find an accomodation also in others villages of the lake.
Thanks to pictures, facilities informations and reviews, You can check easly the availability of Hotels, B&B and Holiday Houses and book the best solution for You, using this link:
HOW TO GET TO THE GREENWAY
The Greenway is located on the west side of Lake Como, between Colonno and Cadenabbia that are connected to Colico and Como by bus and ferry service.
Local Turist offices offer more information and map about the greenway and the tipical indications, blue and yellow, are easy to follow during your tour.
FLIGHT CONNECTIONS: Check here for your flight on:
DON'T MISS THIS TRAIL OF THE ALPS
SAVE IT NOW. It is Easy! Just Log-in your MyAlps personal area and then Add it to your MyExplorAlp Wishlist using the follow botton:
Are You not registered to Myalps yet? Do it here: MyAlps
DO YOU HAVE QUESTIONS OR SUGGESTIONS ABOUT THE GREENWAY?
CONTACT US NOW or let Your precious comment or suggestion in the follow Comment Form of this page.