PETAZZI AL LEDU’ BIVOUAC, A PANORAMIC SHELTER ON THE ALTA VIA DEL LARIO
The Bivouac Petazzi near the small lake of Ledù is a place that will enter your heart. It is an open support point located at 2245m along the western Alta Via del Lario.
It can accommodate up to about eight people, very narrow, given the small size of the typical metal structure.
The Alta Via del Lario is an itinerary for those who love nature, the never too harsh views of the Pre-Alps, the rural and little frequented areas, with good training.
"From the mouth of the Cannone, which can be reached by climbing up from Val Chiavenna, the small red structure of the Petazzi Bivouac rises on a promontory between Lake Ledù and the large area of Lake Como.
Solitary among the rocks and grass bushes, few guests and a few sheep, the bivouac is the sentinel to one of the most beautiful views of the Alps. While sipping a hot tea you can admire, through the entrance door, Lake Como up to Bellagio.
An isolated and magical place, a destination not to be missed, for those who visit the Valchiavenna and the area of the Alto Lario "
Fabio and Paolo
The Petazzi bivouac can be reached by following the Alta Via del Lario, after passing the Pizzo Ledù via Ferrata. Alternatively, from Valchiavenna, through the mouth of Campo, a long route but surrounded by solitary nature, or from the easier path that climbs from Livo, a village upstream of Lake Como (minimum 2-3 hours walk).
From the bivouac, you can follow pleasant ring-routes, towards the Bodengo valley, the mountains of Gera Lario and Valchiavenna or continue along the Alta Via del Lario.
WHAT TO DO AND VISIT NEARBY THE LEDU BIVOUAC
NEARBY THE LEDU BIVOUAC
1. Dive into the solitary nature between the valleys and the passes of the Alta Via del Lario.
2. Discover the first stretch of the Alta Via reaching the Gera Lario Mountains.
3. Face the via Ferrata of the Pizzo Ledù and stay overnight in the panoramic Bivacco del Ledù.
4. Ring route of Val Bodengo through the amphitheater of Lake Arengo.
5. Reach the bivouac through Alpe Campo and the mouth of the Cannone.
6. Enjoy the view of Lake Como as far as Bellagio, through the bivouac gate.
IN THE NEARBY AREA
1. Visit by boat the villages of the Como Lake: Menaggio, Bellagio, Varenna, and Lenno.
2. Enjoy a perch risotto and the typical Misultin of the Como Lake.
3. Discover the gardens of Villa Carlotta and Villa Balbaniello.
4. Paragliding, kitesurfing, windsurfing, and sailing in the Alto Lario.
5. Relax at the Lenno beach and on the beaches of Sorico and Gera Lario.
6. Reach the Belvedere di Sighignola, the summit of the Val d'Intelvi, on the border with Switzerland.
7. Boat trip from Ossuccio to the island of Comacina.
8. Culture and history in the area of Colico, visit the fort of Montecchio, the abbey of Piona and the Bellano horrid.
9. Discover the routes and the beauties of the Lake Lugano area.