HIKING AND ROCK CLIMBING AT MOUNT GRONA
Mount Grona (1376m) is a rocky peak overlooking the Rifugio Menaggio and the Breglia mountains. You can easily see it from all the central area of Como Lake.
From the refuge, you can reach the peak along the easy normal route, a panoramic path with a small leap of rock at the top. It is slightly exposed with some rocky areas, up to the cross.
The climbing routes on the southern peaks and the "Del Centenario" via ferrata are more challenging.
The path let you enjoy a view that stretches from the Alto Lario to Lecco, with the beautiful peninsula of Bellagio in the middle. All the eastern mountains of Lake Como, Mount Legnone, the Grigna, the Grignetta and the peaks of the Larian Triangle, stand out as a frame.
The resting place is the Rifugio Menaggio (1383 m), which is open almost all year round and can only be reached on foot from the Breglia Mounts above Menaggio (about 1,30 hours walk).
From the pass before the Mount Grona peak, proceed northwards following the easy and panoramic ridge up to the top of the Bregagno Mountain.
WHAT TO DO AND VISIT NEARBY THE MONTE GRONA
ON THE MONTE GRONA
1. Reach the Mount Grona peak following the easy main route (1,30 h) or the via Ferrata “Del Centenario”.
2. Follow the long panoramic ridge up to the top of the Bregnagno Mount (3h).
3. Stay at the “Rifugio Menaggio” and enjoy one of the most incredible views of the Como Lake.
4. If you love long, uncrowded hikes, venture along the western Alta Via del Lario to Valchiavenna.
IN THE NEARBY AREA
2. Enjoy a perch risotto and the typical Misultin of the Como Lake.
3. Discover the gardens of Villa Carlotta and Villa Balbaniello.
4. Paragliding, kitesurfing, windsurfing, and sailing in the Alto Lario.
5. Relax at the Lenno beach and on the beaches of Sorico and Gera Lario.
6. Reach the Belvedere di Sighignola, the summit of the Val d'Intelvi, on the border with Switzerland.
7. Boat trip from Ossuccio to the island of Comacina.
9. Discover the routes and the beauties of the Lake Lugano area.
EXCLUSIVE EXCURSIONS AND ACTIVITIES IN MENAGGIO
INFO AND BOOKING
WHERE TO SLEEP IN MENAGGIO - HOTELS, B&B, APARTMENTS
Menaggio offers good hotels and a number of holiday houses. It is possible to find an accomodation also in others villages of the lake.
There are also many mountain huts that offer hospitality on the mountains and pastures that surround the area of Lake Como.
Close by the Monte Grona is available the Rifugio Menaggio Hut.
Thanks to pictures, facilities informations and reviews, You can check easly the availability of Hotels, B&B and Holiday Houses in Menaggio and book the best solution for You, using this link:
HOW TO GET TO MENAGGIO AND THE MONTE GRONA
Located on the east side of Lake Como, Menaggio is connected to Colico and Como by bus and ferry service, by bus alto to Lugano. By Car follow the Regina Road From Como or Colico.
The Monte Grona is reachble by foot in 2,30h from the Monti di Breglia. By car from Menaggio, follow the indications to Plesio and Monti di Breglia.
FLIGHT CONNECTIONS: Check here for your flight on:
DON'T MISS THIS SITE OF THE ALPS
SAVE IT NOW. It is Easy! Just Log-in your MyAlps personal area and then Add it to your MyExplorAlp Wishlist using the follow botton:
Are You not registered to Myalps yet? Do it here: MyAlps
DO YOU HAVE QUESTIONS OR SUGGESTIONS ABOUT THE MONTE GRONA?
CONTACT US NOW or let Your precious comment or suggestion in the follow Comment Form of this page.