MOUNT CORNIZZOLO A PARAGLIDING PARADISE FOR BEGINNERS AND EXPERTS
Discover the Lake Como and get a bird’s eye view from over the mountains.
The mount Cornizzolo (1240m), above the village of Suello (240m) near Lecco, is a paragliding paradise as the weather permits flying most days of the year.
- WHAT TO DO ON THE MOUNT CORNIZZOLO
- WHERE TO SLEEP NEARBY THE MOUNT CORNIZZOLO
- HOW TO GET TO THE MOUNT CORNIZZOLO
Almost every week a shuttle bus is available and connects the landing area of Suello to the top of the mount Cornizzolo (the access with a private vehicle is forbidden).
An amazing experince, flying over the Mount Cornizzolo.
One of the ExplorAlp team spent 10 months in a paragliding school available in the Cornizzolo area, to be able to enjoy by himself this beautiful sport. Paragliding is a sport for every age and to become a pilot a valid certificate by an official school is obligatory.
During the Cornizzolo Cup, the mount Cornizzolo is the location of the paragliding world Cup, a beautiful event to discover and admire this sport.
The mount Cornizzolo is also a great area for panoramic exscursions. The mountain house "Rifugio Sec Marisa Consigliere" (1100m) is situeted near the top of the mount Cornizzolo and is reacheble also by shuttle bus. By foot is almost 2 - 3h of walking following the paths and starting from the villages of Suello or Civate.
One of the most important place to visit is the romanic Abbey of San Pietro al Monte (650m), a beautiful bulding in stones, reachble only by foot.
CLOSE TO OUR HEARTS
"The emotion of the first flight taking off from the mount Cornizzolo"
- ADD PARAGLIDING AT CORNIZZOLO TO YOUR MYALPS WISHLIST
- MORE QUESTIONS ABOUT PARAGLIDING AT CORNIZZOLO
WHAT TO DO AND VISIT ON THE MOUNT CORNIZZOLO AND IN THE NEARBY AREA
ON THE MOUNT CORNIZZOLO
1. Take off with your Paragliding from the Mount Cornizzolo, easly accessyble by shuttle bus.
2. Book a Tandem Paragliding Flight taking off from the Mount Cornizzolo, with an expert pilot.
3. Reach by foot the panoramic top of the Mount Cornizzolo.
4. Trekking on the paths of the mount Cornizzolo from Civate or Suello.
5. Sleep or take a rest a the Mountain House Rifugio Sec Marisa Consigliere" (1100m).
6. Visit the beautiful romanic Abbey of of San Pietro al Monte.
IN THE NEARBY AREA
1. Enjoy the summer feeling at Lidi of the Como Lake in Parè and Malgrate
2. Discover the natural area of the Monte Barro.
3. Climbing on the Corni di Canzo and on the Grignetta Mountain.
4. Visit the city of Lecco and the cosy town of Malgrate.
5. Bike to the famous Bellagio across the hills and visit the museum of the bikers at the Santuario Della Madonna del Ghisallo.
7. Don't miss a visit of Como and Brunate.
8. Take a boat from the beautiful Varenna to Bellagio.
9. Visit the museum of Moto Guzzi in Mandello del Lario.
WHERE TO SLEEP NEARBY THE MOUNT CORNIZZOLO - HOTELS, B&B, APARTMENTS
The mount Cornizzolo is above the villages of Suello and Civate that offers fewer hotels and a number of holiday houses. It is possible to find an accomodation also in others villages of the area and in the city of Lecco.
Thanks to pictures, facilities informations and reviews, You can check easly the availability of Hotels, B&B and Holiday Houses nearby the Mount Cornizzolo and book the best solution for You, using this link:
HOW TO GET TO THE MOUNT CORNIZZOLO
Located between Como and Lecco above the village of Suello and Civate, the Mount Cornizzolo is reachble from these village by foot only. During week end a shuttle bus is available from the paragliding landing area. Suello is reachble by car driving on the 36ss road.
Suello is connected by busses to Lecco and Como.
FLIGHT CONNECTIONS: Check here for your flight on:
DON'T MISS THIS SITE OF THE ALPS
SAVE IT NOW. It is Easy! Just Log-in your MyAlps personal area and then Add it to your MyExplorAlp Wishlist using the follow botton:
Are You not registered to Myalps yet? Do it here: MyAlps
DO YOU HAVE QUESTIONS OR SUGGESTIONS ABOUT PARAGLIDING ON THE CORNIZZOLO?
CONTACT US NOW or let Your precious comment or suggestion in the follow Comment Form of this page.