MUOTTAS MURAGL SCENIC TERRACE OVER THE ENGADIN LAKES
Without doubt, the most magnificent vantage point over the Engadin lakes and one of the most scenic terraces in the region from which to take your perfect sunset pictures.
Punt Muragl is a 10 minutes train ride from St. Moritz, then, the charming funicular railway takes you up the 700-metre climb to the Muottas Muragl, heavenly for sight-seeing and sunbathing.
- WHAT TO DO IN MOUTTAS MURAGL AND REGION
- WHERE TO SLEEP NEARBY MUOTTAS MURAGL
- HOW TO GET TO MUOTTAS MURAGL
The hotel has been put on the map as one the most luxurious green escapes in the Alps because of its avant-garde solar panel system, geothermal heaters and low-impact materials.
"We visited Muotta Muragl in summer and winter and for sure the breath-taking view over the peaks and valleys below at sunset is a must."
Fabio and Paolo
You can hike into the wide-ranging paths : over to Alp Languard (Pontresina) or up to the Segantini hut and the Schafberg, where the artist Giovanni Segantini died a lonely death.
Especially enjoyable are the glorious views from the sun kissed terrace at the romantic mountain hotel - where sunsets are truly remarkable. The train runs until late at night - but you can also take a room at the charming hotel.
In winter, fill up on adrenaline by trying out the fastest toboggan run in the region. The sled run only opens when there is abundant snow, we do not recommend the run for kids as it is very steep. Sleds can be rented at the Punt Muragl station.
WHAT TO DO IN MUOTTAS MURAGL AND IN THE NEARBY REGION
ON THE SITE
1. Take the best holiday photos ever.
2. Walk on the crunching snow on the famous philosopher’s path.
3. Try a sled run to feel the adrenaline rush.
4. Have lunch or dinner at the panoramic restaurant on Muottas Muragl.
IN THE NEARBY REGION
1. Visit St. Moritz and Shopping in the luxury Via Serlas.
2. Ski fun on the slopes of the Corviglia ski area.
3. Take an excursion to the nearby Val Roseg on foot, cross country skis or by horse.
4. Winter Bob rides for visitors. An adrenaline experience on the oldest bobsleigh run in the world.
5. Save the date of the Snow Polo world cup on the frozen lake of St. Moritz.
6. Enjoy a romantic ride in a horse-drawn sleigh or carriage one the frozen lakes.
7. Visit the Segantini Museum of the important artist of Realistic Symbolism Giovanni Segantini.
8. Relax in the new and modern St. Moritz Swimming pool and Spa or in the smaller and cosy wellness centers of Samedan and Pontresina.
9. Climb the high mountains of the Bernina Massiff, Piz Palù, Piz Zuppò, Morteratsch, Piz Bernina, Piz Scerscen.
10. Reach the Diavolezza cable car station and hut to enjoy the impressive glacier in the heart of Engadin.
WHERE TO SLEEP NEARBY MUOTTAS MURAGL - HOTELS, B&B, APARTMENTS
Muottas Muragl is a panoramic terrace reachble by foot or Funicolar. Here is possible to sleep at the Romantic Hotel Muotta Muragl.
In alternative the valley of Engadin offers a lot of hotels and holiday houses. It is possible to find an accomodation nearby Punt Muragl (Funicolar station to Muottas Muragl) in Pontresina, Celerina Samedan and St. Moritz or others villages of Engadin.
Thanks to pictures, facilities informations and reviews, You can check easly the availability of Hotels, B&B and Holiday Houses in Pontresina and Engadin and book the best solution for You, using this link:
HOW TO GET TO MUOTTAS MURAGL
Located in Switzerland, in the center of Engadin valley, Muottas Muragl is above Pontresina and St. Moritz that are reachble by car and is connected by pubblic busses.
It is possible to reach Pontresina and St. Moritz also by train from Thusis with the Glacier Express or from Tirano (IT) with the Bernina Express.
You can get to Muottas Muragl by taking a cog railway from Punt Muragl station only a few kilometres from Pontresina and just 10 mins. from St. Moritz.
If you arrive by car, there is plenty parking available at the train station. If you arrive at St. Moritz train station, you can catch an hourly St. Moritz – Tirano train which will stop at Punt Muragl, when requested.
The cog train leaves every 30 mins. from 7:45 to 23:00 (last run), just the right time for a great aperitif or dinner.
FLIGHT CONNECTIONS: Check here for your flight on:
ZHR - Zurich airport 3,00h
St. Moritz Engadin has a small airport located in Samedan available for private jets only.
DON'T MISS THIS TOWN OF THE ALPS
SAVE IT NOW. It is Easy! Just Log-in your MyAlps personal area and then Add it to your MyExplorAlp Wishlist using the follow botton:
Are You not registered to Myalps yet? Do it here: MyAlps
DO YOU HAVE QUESTIONS OR SUGGESTIONS ABOUT MUOTTAS MURAGL?
CONTACT US NOW or let Your precious comment or suggestion in the follow Comment Form of this page.