MONTE LEGNONE THE PYRAMID OF COMO LAKE
Enjoy a breath-taking view over Lake Como.
Monte Legnone is the highest peak in the area (2609m). Its pyramid-like shape can be easily recognized, located at the end of the north side of Lake Como, between Valtellina, Valvarrone and Valsassina.
Apparently quite rugged at its summit, but it’s still one of the most panoramic peaks in the area, particularly along the track starting from Roccoli Lorla, it offers a spectacular view of the Central and Western Alpine Chain and on the Pre-Alps of Lecco.
From its peak there are different crests going down to the neighbouring valleys and towards the lake; on the east side it is easy to recognize the military paths of the Cadorna Line dating back to the WWI connecting Pagnona (Valvarrone) and Delebio (Valtellina).
WHAT TO DO AND VISIT IN COLICO AND IN THE NEARBY AREA
1. Visit the historical Fort of Montecchio (XX century) and the ruins of the Fort of Fuentes (XIV century).
2. Relax at the Lido of Colico (free access).
3. Fun on the lake with a kitesurf or a windsurf, Altolario (the name of the north side of the como lake) is world famous for these sport.
4. Walk beside the lake at the port of Colico, the right place for a dinner or an apertivo in front of the Como lake.
IN THE NEARBY AREA
1. Take a boat from the beautiful Varenna to Bellagio.
2. Follow the Alta via del Lario long trail.
3. Kitesurf and windsurf in Colico and Gera Lario.
4. A long escursion to the top of Monte Legnone.
5. Bike to the famous Bellagio across the hills and visit the museum of the bikers at the Santuario Della Madonna del Ghisallo.
7. Don't miss a visit of Como and Brunate.
8. MTB on the Tracciolino Trail.
9. Discover the Valchiavenna and Valtellina.
10. Visit the Abbey of Piona and buy the famous Gocce imperiali drops.
EXCLUSIVE EXCURSIONS AND ACTIVITIES IN COLICO
INFO AND BOOKING
WHERE TO SLEEP IN COLICO - HOTELS, B&B, APARTMENTS
Colico offers fewer hotels and a number of B&B and holiday houses. It is possible to find an accomodation also in others villages of the Como lake.
Thanks to pictures, facilities informations and reviews, You can check easly the availability of Hotels, B&B and Holiday Houses in Colico and book the best solution for You, using this link:
HOW TO GET TO THE COLICO AND MONTE LEGNONE
Located at the north of the Como lake the Monte Legnone nearby Colico. Colico is reachble by car driving on the 36ss road, exit Colico.
Colico is connected by train to Lecco and Milan and by boat and bus to Como.
A long trail connects Colico (Aprox. 5h) to the top of Monte Legnone, directly from the houses of Villatico.
Other paths connect the Monte Legnone to Delebio, Dervio and Premana.
CHECK THE REPORT OF THESE ITINERARIES ON CAMP TO CAMP
FLIGHT CONNECTIONS: Check here for your flight on:
DON'T MISS THIS SITE OF THE ALPS
SAVE IT NOW. It is Easy! Just Log-in your MyAlps personal area and then Add it to your MyExplorAlp Wishlist using the follow botton:
Are You not registered to Myalps yet? Do it here: MyAlps
DO YOU HAVE QUESTIONS OR SUGGESTIONS ABOUT THE MONTE LEGNONE?
CONTACT US NOW or let Your precious comment or suggestion in the follow Comment Form of this page.