RHEINFALL THE WATERFALLS OF THE RHINE
The Rheinfall (Rhine falls) also known as the Schaffhausen Waterfalls, offer a grandiose spectacle.
In the centre stands a mighty rock that has been forcing the power of the elements for thousands of years and can be reached with a panoramic tour of the Rhine that allows you to enjoy the sight from close range.
From Laufen Castle, a path with elevators leads to the viewing platforms and provides barrier-free access to the wonder of the falls.
For the bravest there is even a canoe-hire service.
A grandiose spectacle: several hundred cubic metres of water per second thunderously fall into the void for 23 metres from a basin 150 metres wide.
For those who want a thrilling experience perhaps with their children, you can 'visit the adventure park "Am Rheinfall" on the north bank. Here you have the opportunity to climb the trees, choosing from eleven different routes and enjoying a breath-taking view of the waterfalls.
CLOSE TO OUR HEARTS
"The power of the water and the view of the small boats fighting against this spectacle of the nature."
WHAT TO VISIT AT THE RHEINFALL
AT THE WATERFALLS:
1. Walk through the tunnel to reach the main jump of the waterfall.
2. By a ticket and get on board of one boat to a trip to the middle of the waterfalls, an amazing experience!!
3. Relax in the panoramic restaurant beside the waterfall.
4. Walk or bike beside the Rhine river.
5. Adventure park "Am Rheinfall" fun for the family and friends
IN THE NEARBY REGION:
1. Stein am Rhein a medieval village on the Rhine.
2. Historical city of Schaffhaussen.
3. Don't miss the medieval village of Meersburg.
4. Enjoy a Boat trip on the Lake Constance and the Rhine River.
5. Discover the colorful Garden of the Isle of Mainau.
6. Relax in the Uberlingen Therme, Bath and Sauna in front of the lake.
WHEN TO VISIT THE RHEINFALL
We spent some some hours at the end of August. We suggets a visit from April to October.
WHERE TO SLEEP AT THE RHEINFALL - HOTEL, B&B, APARTMENTS
The Rheinfall is are located close to Schaffhausen, an historical city that offers a large number of hotels and holiday houses.
Thanks to pictures, facilities informations and reviews, You can check easly the availability of Hotels, B&B and Holiday Houses in Schaffhausen and book the best solution for You, using this link:
HOW TO GET TO THE RHEINFALL
The Rheinfall are located in the north of Switzerland few kilometers from the historical city of Schaffhausen. The area is easily accessible by pubblic transport.
If you arrive by car follow the incation to "Rheinfall". Part of the waterfall area is accessible only by a fee.
FLIGHT CONNECTIONS: Check here for your flight on:
ZHR - Zurich airport 0,40h
BSL - Basel airport 1,40h
FDH - Bodensee airport 1,30h
DON'T MISS THIS BEAUTIFUL NATURAL SITE OF THE ALPS
SAVE IT NOW. It is Easy! Just Log-in your MyAlps personal area and then Add it to your MyExplorAlp Wishlist using the follow botton:
Are You not registered to Myalps yet? Do it here: MyAlps
DO YOU HAVE QUESTIONS OR SUGGESTIONS ABOUT THE RHEINFALL?
CONTACT US NOW or let Your precious comment or suggestion in the follow Comment Form of this page.