BREGENZER FESTSPIELE FESTIVAL ON THE LAKE OF CONSTANCE
The Bregenzer Festspiele is an art and music festival in the Austrian city of Bregenz, located in a bay in the south of the Lake of Constance.
The event takes place every year in July and August, involving thousands of visitors and participants.
During the Bregenzer Festspiele, different places in the city of Bregenz become the venue for concerts and plays mostly in:
• The Festspielhaus, with operas and concerts. • Werkstattbühne, where contemporary theatre and opera performances are celebrated.
• Theater am Kornmarkt, the venue for operetta and drama performances.
• Shed 8 Theater venue Kosmos, drama and cross-culture performances.
The most famous event of the BregenZer Festspiele undoubtedly takes place at the Seebühne, where the opera is performed directly on a floating, high-tech stage, surrounded by an audience accessible to about 7000 spectators, in a fantastic setting with the background of the waters of the Lake of Constance.
"The wonderful scenery at the floating stage "Seebuhne" is worth a visit to the Bregenzer Festspiele, but the amazement you will feel during the opera, with the lights, the music and the fantastic setting of the Lake of Constance, will be something unforgettable.
Our weekend continued with a nice excursion to the viewpoint of the Pfanderspitze and the nearby island of Lindau."
The Festspiele of Bregenz can be an opportunity to reach Bregenz and visit the beautiful region of the Lake of Constance, from the cable car up, or on foot, to the top of the scenic Mount Pfander, overlooking the city and the great lake nestled between the Alps and the hills of Switzerland, Germany and Austria.
WHAT TO VISIT IN BREGENZ AND IN THE CONSTANCE LAKE REGION
IN THE CITY:
1. Walk along the lakeside promenade of Bregenz.
2. Shop in the heart of the city, Kornmarkstrasse, and Rathausstrasse.
3. Visit the Kunsthaus a modern architecture home to contemporary art exhibitions.
4. Book a ticket for the lake opera during the Bregenzer Festspiele.
5. Reach the upper part of the city and the panoramic "Martinsturm" building
IN THE NEARBY REGION:
1. Book a cruise on the Constance lake.
2. Don't miss the Pfanderspitze panoramic point and the Alpen wild park.
3. Lindau one of the most beautiful village of the Constance lake.
4. Visit the historical center and castle of the medieval Feldkirch.
5. Appenzeller Helibad, quite and cosy therme on the hills with the panoramic view of the Constance lake.
WHERE TO SLEEP IN BREGENZ - HOTELS, B&B, APARTMENTS
Bregenz offers a large number of hotels and holiday houses. It is possible to find an accomodation in the city or in the panoramic villages of the area.
Thanks to pictures, facilities informations and reviews, You can check easly the availability of Hotels, B&B and Holiday Houses in Bregenz and book the best solution for You, using this link:
HOW TO GET TO BREGENZ
Bregenz is located in the Austrian part of lake Constance - Bodensee. It is well connected and accessible by pubblic transport. It easly reachble by car from Austria, Liechtenstein, Switzerland and Germany.
FLIGHT CONNECTIONS: Check here for your flight on:
ZHR - Zurich airport 1,30h
FDH - Bodensee airport 0,30h
MUC - Munchen airport 2,00h
DON'T MISS THIS EVENT ON THE ALPS
SAVE IT NOW. It is Easy! Just Log-in your MyAlps personal area and then Add it to your MyExplorAlp Wishlist using the follow botton:
Are You not registered to Myalps yet? Do it here: MyAlps
DO YOU HAVE QUESTIONS OR SUGGESTIONS ABOUT THE BREGENZER FESTSPIELE?
CONTACT US NOW or let Your precious comment or suggestion in the follow Comment Form of this page.