THE BEST CHRISTAMS FAIRS IN THE ALPS NOT TO BE MISSED
The Christmas fairs in the Alps are held from the beginning of December until the Epiphany, in numerous villages and tourist resorts throughout the Alps.
- WHERE ARE AND WHAT TO DO IN THE CHRISTMAS FAIRS
- WHERE TO SLEEP IN TRENTINO AND TYROL
- HOW TO GET TO TRENTINO AND TYROL
The tradition of the markets is certainly born in the historical villages of Tyrol, and South Tyrol, where the harmony between the historical centers, the typical products, the musical tradition, and the folklore, has made this Christmas event famous.
It's a meeting place of celebration, both for the local community and for all tourists who love this magical atmosphere.
"It’s impossible not to feel a kid again when you walk through the decorated alleys, squares and groves. The sound of the flugelhorns that accompany the sip of a warm herbal tea or a glass of mulled wine, in front of a fireplace.
The tradition of the Christmas fairs in Tyrol and Trentino is alive and still offers a good craftsmanship and quality products, in a setting carefully designed in detail"
Lorenzo, Fabio and Paolo
Typical products, outdoor fireplaces, nativity scenes, handicrafts, Christmas sweets, musical fanfares, skating rinks, carriages, Christmas balls, candles and an infinite sparkle of Christmas lights, all in front of a cathedral, in the center of a square, in the alleys of a historic village, on the banks of an alpine lake, on the edge of the ski slopes.
This is the atmosphere that every year attracts many visitors to the Alps, especially in the valleys of Trentino, South Tyrol, and Tyrol.
Starting with the evening of December 5, with the parade of the Krampus and Saint Nicolas, then the days of the Immaculate Conception and the weeks of Christmas and New Year, the visit to the Christmas fairs can be combined with skiing at the beginning of the season, relaxation in the thermal baths of the Alps and tastings of local products and local cuisine.
Not to be missed for their size and a unique setting, are the Christmas fairs of Bolzano, in Whalterplatz near the cathedral, the fairs of Merano, along the river Passer, the fairs of Trento, in Piazza Cesare Battisti and the fairs of Innsbruck, in the streets of the old town.
WHAT TO DO AND WHERE ARE THE BEST CHRISTMAS FAIRS
TRENTINO: Trento, Levico Terme, Rovereto ed Arco.
ALTO ADIGE - SUDTIROL: Merano, Bolzano, Vipiteno, Bressanone, Brunico, presso il lago di Carezza.
TIROL: Innsbruck, Seefeld, Lienz, Kitzbuhel.
IN THE VILLAGES:
1. Wait for the darkness, and watch the frightening Krampus parade on December 5th.
2. Welcome Saint Nicolas and celebrate the 5th of December with your children.
3. Walk through the numerous Christmas fairs of the Eastern Alps.
4. Visit the villages whitened by the first snow and decorated for Christmas.
5. Take the opportunity to taste typical products, Christmas cakes and mulled wine.
6. Discover the nativity scenes in the small villages of the Alps.
IN THE NEARBY REGION:
1. Visit the fairytale castles of Tyrol and South Tyrol.
2. Don't miss the frozen lakes of Carezza, Braies, and Misurina.
3. The ski season begins in the ski areas of the Dolomites and Tyrol.
4. Visit the MMM and the famous museums of the famous alpinist Reinhold Messner.
5. Relax in the Alpine Thermal Baths surrounded by snowy mountains.
6. Take the opportunity to buy and taste Speck and typical alpine cheeses.
WHERE TO SLEEP IN TRENTINO AND TIROL - HOTELS, B&B, APARTMENTS
The area of Trentino Alto Adige and Tyrol is a vast area composed of many valleys with famous tourist resorts, but also pretty and quite characteristic villages that can offer accommodation in hotels, B&Bs and Holiday Homes.
Thanks to pictures, facilities informations and reviews, You can check easly the availability of Hotels, B&B and Holiday Houses in this Area and book the best solution for You, using this link:
HOW TO GET TO TRENTINO AND TYROL
Located between the italian and austrian Alps, the regions of Trentino and Tyrol are well connected and accessible by pubblic transport.
By Train: Railway Verona - Trento - Bolzano - Innsbruck
By Car: Brenner highway, Verona - Bolzano - Innsbruck
FLIGHT CONNECTIONS: Check here for your flight on:
INN - Innsbruck 1,00h
VRN - Verona 1,00h
VCE - Venezia 2,00h
TSF - Treviso 2,00h
DON'T MISS THIS EVENT ON THE ALPS
SAVE IT NOW. It is Easy! Just Log-in your MyAlps personal area and then Add it to your MyExplorAlp Wishlist using the follow botton:
Are You not registered to Myalps yet? Do it here: MyAlps
DO YOU HAVE QUESTIONS OR SUGGESTIONS ABOUT THE CHRISTMAS FAIR?
CONTACT US NOW or let Your precious comment or suggestion in the follow Comment Form of this page.