A SPECTACLE OF THE NATURE, THE ACQUAFRAGGIA WATERFALLS IN PIURO
The high Acquafraggia waterfalls are situated in Piuro a town of Bregaglia Valley.
With a double jumps of 150m, this nature reserve is the best place to enjoy a whole day to relax, lying close to the river, or walk on the panoramic path beside the water jumps.
In Summer some bars are open at the base of the waterfall and, in the area, typical restaurants offer a selection of genuine alpine food.
Sitting in front of the powerful Acquafraggia waterfalls
NOTTE ROSA ALLE CASCATE
During the weekend the waterfalls are lighted with a scenographic lighting that creates a magic atmosphere for a night selfie. In a July weekend, the waterfalls area is the location for the event "Notte Rosa alle Cascate", with music, concerts, local products and a lot of fun.
SAVOGNO AND THE PANORAMIC PATH
Above the waterfall (1h walk) is located the traditional village of Savogno with its beautiful panorama terrace.This village is a real exemple of medieval alpine architecture, rich of narrow pedestrian passages between the historical buildings.
Savogno is reachable following the original and characteristic path or the beautiful panoramic trail beside the Fraggia river, with an amazing view of the waterfalls (steep stairs on this path).
CLOSE TO OUR HEART
"The aperitivo in front of the waterfalls and the amazing view from the panoramic trail."
WHAT TO VISIT IN PIURO AND IN THE NEARBY AREA
IN THE VILLAGE
1. Walk beside the Acquafraggia waterfall folliwing the panoramic trail.
2. Vertemate Franchi Palace, in the town of Prosto, a fascinating villa of the XVI century, with an italian garden.
3. The characteristic villages of Savogno and Dasile, above Borgonuovo di Piuro.
4. Visit the Belfort archeologic site, the Pompei of the Alps.
5. Don't miss the "Notte Rosa" waterfall festival, every year in July.
IN THE NEARBY AREA
1. Hike on the log and historical trails of Via Bregaglia.
2. Reach the panoramic village of Soglio, for the best picture of the Piz Badile's north face.
3. Visit the beautiful town of Chiavenna 5km from Piuro
4. Bike to the Como lake. 25 km from Chiavenna following a new bike road, beside river Mera and lake Novate.
5. Ski, Freeride and Trekking in Madesimo and Valle Spluga.
WHERE TO SLEEP IN PIURO - HOTELS, B&B, APARTMENTS
Piuro is a small village that offers fewer hotels and a number of holiday houses. It is possible to find an accomodation also in others villages of the Bregaglia valley or in the main town of Chiavenna.
Thanks to pictures, facilities informations and reviews, You can check easly the availability of Hotels, B&B and Holiday Houses in Piuro and book the best solution for You, using this link:
HOW TO GET TO PIURO
Located in the valley of Bregaglia between the Como lake and the Maloja Pass, Piuro is reachble by car driving on the 37ss road.
Piuro is just few km from Chiavenna that is well connected by busses to Switzerland (Splugen, St. Moritz and Lugano) and by train to Milan.
FLIGHT CONNECTIONS: Check here for your flight on:
ZHR - Zurich airport 3,30h
DON'T MISS THIS NATURAL SITE OF THE ALPS
SAVE IT NOW. It is Easy! Just Log-in your MyAlps personal area and then Add it to your MyExplorAlp Wishlist using the follow botton:
Are You not registered to Myalps yet? Do it here: MyAlps
DO YOU HAVE QUESTIONS OR SUGGESTIONS ABOUT THE ACQUAFRAGGIA WATERFALLS?
CONTACT US NOW or let Your precious comment or suggestion in the follow Comment Form of this page.