The Via Septimer with the Via Spluga and Via Bregaglia are three classic and cultural hiking routes in the central Alps which, throughout the centuries, have linked the town of Chiavenna to the towns on the north side of the alps, over the passes of Splugen (2115m), Septimer (2311m) and Maloja(1815m).
They bring together people from Grigione, Rhaeto-Romance, Walser and the population of Lombardia. Most of the Via Bregaglia, Via Spluga and Via Septimer paths wind their ways gently along old mule tracks which have either maintained their original characteristics or have at least been restored to something like their natural state.
The routes, as well as offering the opportunity to appreciate a piece of genuine history, also permit the walker to get to know a very particular mountain terrain in company with the local population.
The Via Septimer trail connects in 6 stages the historical city of Chur to Chiavenna across the pass of Septimer, walking through Lenzerheide, the Surses valley and the characteristic villages of Savognin and Bivio.
It is possibile to walk or to mountain bike across the Septimer pass in one day only from Bivio, in the Surses valley, to Casaccia, in the Bregaglia valley.
"MTB from Bivio to Casaccia during a sunny day of August, was been a beautiful experience"
ON THE TRAIL
1. Chur the capital of Graubunden, with its historical center.
3. Take a selfie on the small stones bridge symbol of the Septimer pass.
2. Relax at the alpine lake of Lenzerheide
3. Visit the historical church of St. Peter Mistail.
4. Take a picture of the Castle of Riom and enjoy a fresh bath in the area of the summer lake, a green playground area, in Savognin.
5. Walk trough the woods and the mountain village of the Parc Ela and take a rest at Flix alp.
6. Don't miss a selfie with the stones bridge of the Septimer pass.
7. Enjoy the panorama of the Pizzo Badile north face, in Soglio
8. Visit the architectures of Savogno.
9. Admire the beautiful Acqua Fraggia waterfalls in Piuro
IN THE NEARBY REGION
1. Climbing and Alpinism on the Piz Badile and in the Albigna valley.
2. Vertemate Franchi Palace, in the town of Prosto, a fascinating villa of the XVI century, with an italian garden.
3. Discover the panoramic village of Soglio, the terrace of Val Bregaglia.
4. Ela Park, the biggest natural park of Switzerland, a paradise for wilderness lovers.
6. Reach by bike or motorbike, the top of the epics Julier pass and Albula pass.
7. Visit the beautiful lakes of Engadin
Bivio is a mountain town and offers hotels and holiday houses. It is possible to find an accomodation also in others villages of the Surses valley.
Thanks to pictures, facilities informations and reviews, You can check easly the availability of Hotels, B&B and Holiday Houses in Savognin and book the best solution for You, using this link:
The Septimer pass is located in Switzerland between Bivio, in the Surses valley, and Casaccia, in the Bregaglai valley.
Bivio and Casaccia are reachble by car and are connected by pubblic busses.
from Thusis or St. Moritz to Tiefencastel, then 50 min by bus to reach Bivio.
from Chiavenna in italy, then 40 min by bus to reach Casaccia.
The Septimer pass, 2310m, is reachble by foot or MTB only, 3h by foot from Bivio 1769m, or 3h by foot from Casaccia 1458m.
FLIGHT CONNECTIONS: Check here for your flight on:
ZHR - Zurich airport 3,00h
SAVE IT NOW. It is Easy! Just Log-in your MyAlps personal area and then Add it to your MyExplorAlp Wishlist using the follow botton:
Are You not registered to Myalps yet? Do it here: MyAlps
CONTACT US NOW or let Your precious comment or suggestion in the follow Comment Form of this page.