LOCARNO FILM FESTIVAL STARS AT LAKE MAGGIORE
TheLocarno Film Festival is the most significant cinema related events in Switzerland and considered to be one of the most important in Europe.
The heart of the Festival is certainly Piazza Grande, featuring evening projections under the stars on one of the biggest screens in the world and deserving of the title; "the most beautiful open-air cinema lounge”ever.
International producers, directors and actors come to Locarno to present their movies. Their appearance on the red carpet gives a glamorous touch to the Festival.
The most significant cinema related events in Switzerland.
We had the fortune of attending an evening film screening in Piazza Grande, Locarno and we have to admit the atmosphere was astonishing.
After the festival, we suggest you finish off the evening at the Rotonda de Festival. In fact, during the Film Festival, the grand Rotonda at the entrance of Locarno becomes a huge village under the star filled night with street food and ethnic stalls.
The film festival is held in August. Some projections are reserved to the project organizers and others for the general public.
The tickets can be bought online or directly at the entrance in Piazza grande. We advise you to park your car at the station or at the Castello multi storey car park
CLOSE TO OUR HEARTS
"The suggestive atmosphere of piazza Grande during evening film projection."
WHAT TO VISIT IN LOCARNO AND IN THE NEARBY REGION
IN THE VILLAGE:
1. Walk in the alleyways of the old town city to reach Piazza Grande in Locarno.
2. Visit the Visconteo Castle.
3. Relax at the Locarno lido.
4. Visit the contemporary art museum collection at Ghisla art collection.
5. Don’t miss a bike ride on the cycle path on lakeside in the direction of Tenero.
6. Falconeria of Locarno a great family experience, discover the world of birds of prey.
7. Reach the historical and panoramic sanctuary of the Madonna del Sasso at Orselina.
IN THE NEARBY REGION:
1. Book an excursion to Brissago island by boat.
2. Take a day trip to the Maggia and Verzasca valleys.
3. Visit the Unesco heritage site at Bellinzona’s castles.
4. Discover the Cardada day trip.
5. Drive on the panoramic road of the Maggiore lake.
6. Visit Arona, Stresa and the Borromean islands.
7. Don't miss Ascona the peral of Lake Maggiore.
WHERE TO SLEEP IN LOCARNO - HOTELS, B&B, APARTMENTS
Locarno offers a good number of hotels and holiday houses. It is possible to find an accomodation in the town or in the panoramic villages of the lake.
Thanks to pictures, facilities informations and reviews, You can check easly the availability of Hotels, B&B and Holiday Houses in Locarno and book the best solution for You, using this link:
HOW TO GET TO LOCARNO
Locarno is located on the north side of Maggiore lake. It is well connected and accessible by pubblic transport and with the boat service of the lake.
To best visit the valley, consider hiring a car or scooter.
FLIGHT CONNECTIONS: Check here for your flight on:
ZHR - Zurich airport 2,30h
BSL - Basel airport 3,00h
DON'T MISS THIS EVENT OF THE ALPS
SAVE IT NOW. It is Easy! Just Log-in your MyAlps personal area and then Add it to your MyExplorAlp Wishlist using the follow botton:
Are You not registered to Myalps yet? Do it here: MyAlps
DO YOU HAVE QUESTIONS OR SUGGESTIONS ABOUT LOCARNO FILM FESTIVAL?
CONTACT US NOW or let Your precious comment or suggestion in the follow Comment Form of this page.